SAP solutions on Azure
Run SAP solutions across development, testing, and production scenarios in Azure.
Run the SAP solutions you already use on Azure
SAP on Azure solutions help you optimize your enterprise resource planning (ERP) in the cloud using the security features, reliability, and scalable SAP-certified infrastructure of Azure.
Run your largest SAP HANA workloads on Azure. Handle transactions and analytics in-memory on a single data copy to accelerate your business processes, gain business intelligence, and simplify your IT environment.
SAP HANA on Azure offers:
"By moving SAP HANA to Azure, we have been able to speed up planning cycles and accelerate delivery of finished goods to our customers. Our whole production engine can now speed up."
This intelligent ERP suite is designed specifically for in-memory computing. Whether you want to run SAP S/4HANA in a new implementation or migrate from SAP Business Suite to SAP S/4HANA, Azure has you covered.
SAP S/4HANA on Azure offers:
"We’re looking at a 40 percent reduction in ERP maintenance costs by using Azure, compared to using the closest competitor for hosting SAP S/4HANA on a cloud platform or even hosting it on premises."
Collect and connect to any data in real time with next-generation data warehouses built entirely on SAP HANA.
SAP BW/4HANA/SAP BW on HANA on Azure offers:
"We are running one of the largest SAP HANA business warehouses on Azure for our own business, giving us the reliable performance and agility we need for our financial reporting systems."
Develop, provision, and manage your SAP and non-SAP applications across a heterogeneous software environment. SAP NetWeaver provides the foundation for operating and customizing products such as SAP Business Suite, a set of fully integrated applications including SAP ERP, SAP CRM, SAP SCM, and SAP SRM.
SAP NetWeaver on Azure offers:
"We acquired a supply-chain modeling solution, and we were able to spin up the necessary compute in Azure in literally hours. In our traditional datacenter model, that would have taken us weeks, since we would have needed to acquire and install a new server."
Run SAP S/4HANA in a managed cloud. SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud combines managed services for SAP S/4HANA and cloud infrastructure for seamless enterprise-grade sales and support.
"Our new implementation of SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud on Microsoft Azure is a significant step forward in our enterprise digital transformation. The SAP and Microsoft partnership continues to create powerful solutions that combine application management and product expertise from SAP with a global, trusted, and intelligent cloud from Microsoft Azure."
Increase control over your small business with an ERP application that captures all your business data in a single system. Get more agility with an on-demand VM infrastructure from Azure by spinning up VMs in minutes. Lower your non-production system costs by using automation capabilities in Azure to shut down VMs.
SAP Business One on Azure offers:
Get more agility with an on-demand virtual machine infrastructure from Azure by spinning up VMs in minutes. Lower your non-production system costs by using automation capabilities to shut down VMs.
SAP Hybris on Azure offers:
"By running SAP Hybris on Azure at scale, we gained business agility with real-time insights into our supply chain, and we automated orders and drop shipments for our dealers across Europe."
Give developers the choice to build and extend cloud applications faster using an open platform as a service (PaaS) with integrated services.
SAP solution architectures
Read the technical SAP documentation and solution architectures to learn how to quickly design and implement highly available, performant, and resilient solutions.
SAP S/4HANA on HANA large instances with HA and DR
This solution architecture illustrates how a user request flows through an SAP landscape built on high-performance Azure Virtual Machines and an in-memory HANA database running on HANA large instances for unparalleled scalability and performance. This system takes advantage of OS clustering for database performance, high availability using HANA system replication, and a full disaster recovery (DR) configuration for guaranteed system availability.
- 1 In this example, an on-premises SAP user executes a sales order via Fiori interface, custom interface, or other.
- 2 Azure high speed express route gateway is used to connect to Azure Virtual Machines.
- 3 Request flows into highly available ABAP SAP Central Services (ASCS) and then through application servers running on Azure Virtual Machines in an availability set offering a 99.95 percent uptime SLA.
- 4 Request is sent from App Server to SAP HANA running on primary large instance blades.
- 5 Primary and secondary blades are clustered at OS level for 99.99 percent availability, and data replication is handled through HANA System Replication in synchronous mode (HSR) from primary to secondary enabling zero RPO.
- 6 In-memory data of SAP HANA is persisted to high-performance NFS storage.
- 7 Data from NFS storage is periodically backed up in seconds, using built-in storage snapshots on the local storage, with no impact to database performance.
- 8 Persistent data volume on secondary storage is replicated to dedicated DR system through a dedicated backbone network for HANA storage replication.
- 9 Large instance on DR side can be used for nonproduction to save costs by mounting both the QA storage and DR replicated volume (read-only).
SAP S/4HANA VM on Linux
This SAP S/4HANA on Azure VM solution architecture illustrates how a user request flows through an SAP landscape built using high-performance Azure Virtual Machines and in-memory SAP HANA databases running on Azure Virtual Machines for unparalleled scalability and performance. This system takes advantage of Linux OS clustering for high availability, premium storage for performance, data replication for high availability via HANA System Replication (HSR), and a full disaster recovery (DR) configuration for guaranteed 99.95% system availability with asynchronous HSR.
- 1 In this example, an on-premises SAP user executes a sales order request via SAP’s S/4HANA Fiori interface, custom application interface, or others.
- 2 Azure high speed express route gateway is used to connect securely from On-premises network to Azure Virtual Machines and other Azure resources
- 3 Request flows into highly available SAP ABAP SAP Central Services ASCS and then through SAP application servers running on Azure Virtual Machines in a Azure VM Availability Set offering a 99.95 percent uptime SLA.
- 4 Request is sent from app server to SAP HANA running on on an Azure Virtual Machine optimized for large memory SAP HANA workloads.
- 5 Primary (active) and secondary (standby) running on SAP certified M-series virtual machines with Write Accelerator are clustered at OS level for 99.95 percent availability, and data replication is handled through HANA System Replication in synchronous mode (HSR) from primary to secondary enabling zero RPO.
- 6 In-memory data of SAP HANA is persisted to high-performance Azure Premium Storage.
- 7 In-memory HANA data is replicated to a disaster recovery (DR) region virtual machine through an Azure high-speed backbone network and HSR in asynchronous mode. The disaster recovery VM can be smaller than the production VM to save costs.
- 8 VMs on the DR region can be used for nonproduction to save costs by mounting both the non-production storage and DR replicated volume (read-only).
- 9 SAP App Server with ASCS on the DR side can be in standby shutdown mode, and can be started when needed to save costs.